On May 17, 1792, the New York Stock Exchange was formed. Pictured here are two stock certificates, which can be found in the Newberry collections. The first is for three shares of the Pullman Palace Car Company. The certificate sports illustrations of St. Pancras Station in London and the Pullman Car Works in Detroit. The second certificate, also for Pullman, is equal to one hundred shares. It has an engraving of George M. Pullman.